MongoDB is open source database system. It’s a document database with the scalability and flexibility that you want with the querying and indexing that you need.
Its support to Dyanmic schema, using a map-reduce, GeoSpatial support the main feature.
- MongoDB stores data in flexible, JSON-like documents, meaning fields can vary from document to document and data structure can be changed over time
- The document model maps to the objects in your application code, making data easy to work with
- Ad hoc queries, indexing, and real time aggregation provide powerful ways to access and analyze your data
- MongoDB is a distributed database at its core, so high availability, horizontal scaling, and geographic distribution are built in and easy to use
- MongoDB is free and open-source, published under the GNU Affero General Public License
For more detail about Key Feature: Click Here