Recently we have faced an issue for one of our data guard environment, we will discuss those steps here which we followed to fix this issue. For our Physical standby database, one of the filesystems (/u01/data/) got corrupted, due to which when we added datafiles in primary, the changes not applied on the standby and same datafile not created on standby. Also, the MRP process gets stopped automatically. Manually recreation of data files on standby database also we tried but it failed as filesystem corrupted.
1) On the primary database, take backup of all the datafiles which resides on /u01/data/ mountpoint (on the standby side same filesystem corrupted):
RMAN> backup datafile 10 format '/u01/data/prm.bk';
2) Transfer backuppieces to the standby database using scp, NFS, ftp etc
3) On the physical standby database, catalog the backuppiece.
RMAN> catalog backuppiece '/u01/data/prm.bk'; RMAN> list backuppiece '/u01/data/prm.bk'; RMAN> list backup of datafile 10;
4) Stop redo apply/MRP on the physical standby database.
SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE CANCEL;
5) on the standby database restore the datafile:
RMAN> restore datafile 10;
6) Start MRP on the physical standby database.
SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT; [12c] SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE USING CURRENT LOGFILE DISCONNECT; [11g/10g]
Thank you for giving your valuable time to read the above information.
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us:
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: Joel Perez’s Profile
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp