Oracle Golden Gate
Oracle GoldenGate offers a real-time, log-based replication software platform to meet the needs of today’s transaction-driven applications. The software provides capture, routing, transformation, and delivery of transactional data across heterogeneous databases in real time.
Components in Oracle Golden Gate :
Following Components are used in Oracle Golden Gate to perform its tasks.
- Data pump
- Trails or extract files
Let us understand each one in brief :
- Extract: Oracle Golden Gate extract process reads data from transaction logs from any heterogeneous environment [i.e. Redo Logs in Oracle database].
- Data Pump: Data Pump process sends locally collected trail files to the target server. Note: It is an optional process, but highly recommended.
- Replicat: Replicat process reads trail files generated by associated extract files and applies them on the target server.
- Trails or Extract Files: Extract process reads transaction logs and stores them in files. These files are trail files. Trail files are written in canonical form.
- Checkpoints: Each and every process in Oracle GoldenGate has it’s own checkpoints to maintain data integrity.
- Manager: It is the main control process of Golden Gate, the manager process must be running on both extract and replicate server whenever we want to start any of them.
- Collector: A basic task of the collector is it receives data sent by extract process and write them to trail files on the target system.
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us an Invitation or Follow us:
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/helporacle
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: Joel Perez’s Profile
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp