Continuing to raise the bar for enterprise-class database platforms, today Oracle announced the next-generation Oracle Exadata X7 with significant hardware and software enhancements in overall performance, storage capacity, network bandwidth, and automation. Exadata x7-2 delivers extreme performance and reliability to run the largest, most business-critical database workloads.
Oracle Exadata is an Engineered System designed to be the ideal platform for all database workloads. It features scale-out, database optimized compute, InfiniBand networking, and smart storage for fastest performance and low costs. Specialized algorithms vastly accelerate all types of database processing including OLTP, Analytics, and Consolidation. Exadata’s full-stack automation and optimization of all components slashes the need for skilled human labor, enabling reduced costs and improved reliability. Exadata’s simplicity, scalability, and reliability make it the foundation for the recently announced Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud.
Today, Exadata powers 4 out of 5 of the world’s biggest banks, telecoms, and retailers. Exadata can be deployed on-premises, in Oracle Cloud, or using Oracle’s unique Cloud at Customer.
Exadata X7-2 hardware features the latest Intel© Xeon© Scalable Processors and a 100 percent increase in the capacity of Exadata’s industry-leading PCIe NVMe Flash storage, plus a 25 percent increase in disk capacity. A full rack Exadata X7 system has raw capacity of 1.7 petabytes of disk storage or 720 terabytes of NVMe all-Flash storage.
Additionally, Ethernet network bandwidth has increased by 150 percent from 10 to 25 Gigabits per second, while memory capacity and performance have increased by 50 percent. Overall, Exadata X7 database applications can realize 20 to 40 percent improvement in performance for OLTP, analytics and mixed workloads.
For More Info, Click Here
Exadata 184.108.40.206.0 release and patch (25342756) (Doc ID 2288392.1)
As per Oracle Support Doc 2288392.1 , Now we can Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software – Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0
Software Release Requirements
Exadata Storage Server Software 22.214.171.124.0 supports the following Oracle Database software releases:
- Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (18.104.22.168.0)
Exadata 22.214.171.124.0 compatibility
- Database servers using virtualization (OVM) require the following:
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure home in domU must be running release 126.96.36.199.161018 (Oct 2016) Proactive Bundle Patch or later before updating a domU to Exadata 12.2 or higher.
- All user domains (domUs) must be updated to Exadata 12.2 or higher before updating the management domain (dom0) to Exadata 12.2 or higher.
- Oracle ASM Cluster File System (Oracle ACFS) requires the Grid Infrastructure home contain the fix for bug 22810422 before updating the database server (non-OVM or OVM) to Exadata 12.2 or higher.
Refer to Note 888828.1 for additional details relating to the following:
- Patch-level requirements and recommendations for Oracle Database and Grid Infrastructure releases and patch sets
- Minimum version requirements to support specific Exadata features and patching methods
- References to guidelines for products related to Exadata (e.g. Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance)
I must thank to my fellow DBA Amit Srivastava who provide the information about Exadata x7 and Storage Cell patching for 18.1 release.
After successful patching CellCLI Release will show 188.8.131.52.0
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us:
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/SirDBaaSJoelPerez
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp