We have seen 3 types of Standby Databases
- Physical Standby Database
- Logical Standby Database
- Snapshot Standby Database
To know more about it Oracle Dataguard
Oracle 11g comes with a new option : Oracle Active Data Guard.
Oracle Active Data Guard is an optional license for Oracle Database Enterprise Edition. Active Data Guard enables advanced capabilities that that extend basic Data Guard functionality. Oracle Active Data Guard allows us to use real time query the standby database.
Oracle Active Data Guard gives us read only access while applying redo. Redo streams are transmitted from primary database to standby database server , that is first written to standby redo log files and then redo are applied to Standby Database.
At Standby side we can see each committed transaction of primary database as soon as Standby Database is in sync with Primary Database.
Functionality we can use from Active Data Guard :
- Real-Time Query – Offload read-only workloads to an up-to-date standby database
- Automatic Block Repair – Automatic repair of physical corruption transparent to the user
- Far Sync – Zero data loss protection across any distance
- Standby Block Change Tracking – Enable incremental backups on an active standby
- Active Data Guard Rolling Upgrade – Make it simple to reduce planned downtime
- Global Database Services – Load balancing and service management across replicated databases.
- Application Continuity – Make outages transparent to users.
Stay tuned for More articles on Oracle DataGuard
Thank you for giving your valuable time to read the above information.
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us:
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/helporacle
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: Joel Perez’s Profile
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp