This article shows how to create Oracle 18c Data Guard in Oracle Database Cloud Service database deployment with simple steps.
Create a New Instance of Oracle Data Guard Cloud Service
- Log in to your Oracle Cloud services account, go to the Oracle Database Cloud Service page, and create a new service:- For Instance Name enter DG18.
– From the Software Release list, select Oracle Database 18c.
– From the Software Edition list, select Enterprise Edition.
– From the Database Type list, select Single Instance with Data Guard Standby.Then click Next to continue.
2. In the Service Details screen, do the following:- For DB Name (SID), enter ORCL18 and PDB Name, enter PDB1.
– Set an administrative password of your choice and confirm the password (this will be your sys password).
– For Usable Database Storage (GB), enter 25.
– From the Compute Shape list, select OC3 -1 OCPU, 7.5 GB RAM (this is the bare minimum required).
– For SSH Public Key, enter 18ckey.pub
– For Standby Database Configuration, select Disaster Recovery
Then click Next to continue.
Finally, review the configuration and click Create to create your cloud database.
After a few minutes, the cloud database instance has been created successfully.
Click the service name (DG18) to open the main page of the database.
Connect to the Cloud Database
- Open both instances of the PuTTY executable and connect to the Oracle Database Cloud Service compute node using an SSH public key.
We hope this article will be useful and we invite you to continue reading our next publications focused on Oracle Cloud.
Stay tuned for More articles on Oracle 18c
Thank you for giving your valuable time to read the above information.
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us:
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: Joel Perez’s Profile
Anuradha’s LinkedIn: Anuradha’s Profile
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp