RCONFIG is a non interactive command line utility for converting a Single-Instance database to RAC database.It is installed by default as a executable file under $GRID_HOME/bin and $ORACLE_HOME/bin. It takes XML file as input and process the conversion procedure.
Benefits of using RCONFIG :
- It’s very light and easy to use utility for conversion of Single Instance database to RAC database .
- We do not need to do additional configuration , as it comes by default.
- It also provide testing capabilities in advance without actually converting it into RAC.
- It is fully automated conversion process.
- It has ability to migrate non-ASM DB to ASM file-system
- It creates RAC DB instance on all the specified nodes.
- It registers CRS resource to the cluster.
- It startup RAC database instances on the specified nodes.
- Database downtime is required , as it restarts your database several times.
- Before using RCONFIG to convert your Single Instance database to RAC db , ensure the clusterware is configured and it is up and running on the nodes.
- Ensure the clusterware is configured, up and running on the nodes.
- Oracle RDBMS binaries for RAC must be installed.
- We need Active ASM instance across the nodes.
- Before using RCONFIG , we need to create and mount required ASM diskgroups.
- Stand alone database running on one of the local node
- Stand alone db and RAC must be of same db versions.
Thank you for giving your valuable time to read the above information.
If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us:
Skant Gupta’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/skantali/
Joel Perez’s LinkedIn: Joel Perez’s Profile
Anuradha’s LinkedIn: Anuradha’s Profile
LinkedIn Group: Oracle Cloud DBAAS
Facebook Page: OracleHelp