Oracle Flashback Database, allows to quickly recover the entire database from logical data corruptions or user errors. It is very similar to PITR (Point In Time Recovery) which puts back the database to a state at a particular time in recent past.
1. Place your database in mount stage.
sql>shutdown immediate sql>startup mount
2. Set DB_FLASHBACK_RETENTION_TARGET to the requried minutes to have the flashback window. By default, the value would be 1440 minutes (1 day)
sql>alter system set db_flashback_retention_target=2880; #Here I have set it to 2 days
3. Enable Flashback on the database
sql>alter database flashback on;
4. Finally open the database
sql>alter database open;
5. You can check if the database is enabled with Flashback or not
sql>select flashback_on from v$database; FLASHBACK_ON —————— YES